Monday, June 25, 2012

Day 1: Meeting the Knowles and the cuzins (pt.1)



All about Ray starts on the last week of summer vacation. Ray ray is fifteen years of age and he is about to start highschool as a freshman in the fall. Roc royal an his fam comes over for a visit while Dr. Beyonce is getting ready to leave for work and drizzy drake is already at work.
Ray ray is sketching a drawing of nicki minaj in his sketchbook as he is on his bed and his room is a mess. His mother already told him dozen of times to keep that damn room cleaned.

Beyonce: Before I get home i expect this room to be clean and spotless. (ray ray starts to mimick her words with his hand

opening and closing cuz he knows what she says cuz she says it ALLLLLL the time)
B: You got that?
Ray: Yes ma'am.
B: Alrite, i'll see you later, and stop bringin food up in here. If I catch you bringin food into this room ONE MO TIME, I'ma grab my belt and beatchu wit it you hear me?
Ray: Yeeeeesssss mother i hear you.
B: Don't play wit me now
Ray: Alite.
After he puts the finishing touches on his artwork, he hears a knock on the oor in the distance as if it sounds like the front door, followed by a doorbell chime.

Cedric: COMING!
Cedric opens the door and In comes roc wit a hug for his kewl uncle.
Cedric: Heyyyy little man what's happenin? (he asked roc)
Roc: Nutten much, jus hangin and wanted to see you guys as he pulled away from his uncle's embrace. Ced asked roc...
Cedric: Where is little bit?
Roc: Lol, she's coming as he walks around looking for me (ray ray)
"Little bit" (china) as my dad calls his niece comes runnin in
China: UNCLE CEDDY BEAR!
Cedric bends down to scoop up china and kissess her on the cheek.
Ceddric: How's my niece doin?
China giggled out loud as dad tickled her tummy and her legs were kicking, tryin to make him stop ticklin her, So he got the idea and placed her down on the floor.
China: I'm doin ok Uncle ceddy
Ced: Are you ready for middles school young lady?
China was nervous but politely nodded yes.
Ced: Aww, don't be nervous it's gonna be  ok, you'll see. Besides you'll have your big brother going along with you.
China: Yea, that is true she admitted.
But sadly, her face turned into a frown because she knew it would be roc's last year at South Holly Middle School. Just then raven walked, leaned backward, tilted her head and shouted HEYYYYYYY YOU GUYSSSSSSS, (Suike, i'm juss messin wit ya) But she said
Raven: HEYYYYYYYYYY FAAAAM
With her arms wide open waitin to see who gone hug her first. Dad imitated her gesture but shouted...
Cedric: HEYYYYYYYYYY RAVEEEEN
As he walked forward to her and she walked forward to him until they met each other and they both laughed out loud and hugged one another.China sat on the sofa in the living room with a discerning face at her big sister raven. She thought to herself as she balled up her hand and had her arm propped up against her right cheek wondering why she doesn't show the same emotion towards her like that? Just then Fizz came in rockin a sean jean hoodie, dark washed jeans, nikes, a fitted hat, an stunna shades wit his pony tail hangin in the back and walkin up in our house as if he was somebody famous.
Fizz: Wass up, wass up, WASSUUUUP FAM?
(crickets chirping)
He asked to anyone who was listening. Most times Fizz can be so lame, but at the same time he looked fresh doin it. At first nobody had said anything like, who is dis nigga and why is he here? He then took off his shades like a boss or so he thought and reasked the question like he asked earlier except this time he threw his arms out to the side and asked
Fizz: Oh yaw'll dont hear me up in dis piece?
Everyone in da room turned around and faked replied with a little hint of enthusiasm  and said
Everyone: Heyyyy Fizzz
Cuz u know he is the unpopular sibling lol. Anywayz, Fizz is a college dropout. He claim to have gone to Ashton Community College which was out of town, a perfectly good reason why China and Roc didn't see their brother often because let's face it he's lame and he be actin major ratchet most of the time. He's unsuccessful as well. He said he had wanted to open up his own business when he was seventeen. He wanted to own a car wash, but that didn't happen. He failed to go out and get a job he just sits in the house all day eatin up uncle cool j and auntie lisa's food while eveyone is out an about at either school or work, he's mostly at the house. Since he claimed that Bojangles didnt want to hire him because he was too much of a boss and that the managers was actin ratchet and that they were juss hatin on him and his so called swag. Well one night he saw an ad on tv for Ashton community college where they will help you find the right career with the best tools, skills, and resources ashton community college does it all, what lies, but anywayz yea the commercial worked and hooked him in and the very next day he went and applied online. He ain had no kinda scholarship cuz his grades were awful back in highskool. He had no job to pay for the tuition so who do you think he went to and asked for some money from? If you guessed his parents, then YOU WRONG!

It was my brother drizzy drake that offered him a loan. Fizz's parents don't just throw money out there you gotta earn it an since he wasn't workin no where, nor continued to pursue other opportunities and ftry to land an interview, oh well i guess he thought that ship had sailed long time ago. So yea, drizzy gave him a  loan cuz fizz looked up to drake. He was what "ideally," everything fizz wanted to be. My brother is very successful, he is a bidness man, he owns and manages a barbershop chain called Drake Cutz. He has excellent work ethic, (it comes from mom by the way) and he is supafly with the ladies. Sooo, anywayz, fizz thanked drake for the loan and took the money for the tuition and left the shop. But before fizz could get any further drake shouted after fizz...

FLASHBACK SCENE

Drake: AYE YO FIZZ!
Drake opens the door and is outside the shop.
Fizz turned around countin the cash
Fizz: Huh? Oh hey drake wassup?
Drake caught up to fizz and told him
Drake: Yo, I gotchu on my tab so I kno how much you borrowed from me.
Fizz not looking at drake continued to count the money and nodded to whatver drake was saying
Fizz: Yooo, I gotchu my nigga, don't worry about nothin ok?
Drake thought to himself, that is exactly what I am worried about, NOT gettin my money back.
Drake: So listen, before you go out to the college you need to deposit the money into a checking account.
Fizz stopped counting because what drake said threw him off and yet it was sounded like something that needed to be heard.

Fizz had that slow face on while drake had the ok-I'm-gonna-have-to-break-it-down-for-you face on.
Drake: Ok, fizz ....
As he laid his right arm around fizz's shoulder and pulled him in close to him so that fizz can hear and comprehend every word that was being said. This was between him and fizz while fizz is putting his thinking cap on. Drake looked around to the right, then to the left, and squinted ahead with his left hand over his eyes but he saw no one of importance and he began to tell fizz about putting the money in the bank first before going down to the college because it takes time for the money to be processed. Fizz nodded
Fizz: Ok, I got that
Drake: You sure you got that?
As drake released his arm offa fizz's shoulder he pointed towards him askin him again because one moment you think fizz understands you, but then when the situation occurs he be lookin so dumbfounded it's like nigga was you payin attention or was you in la la land? Drake snapped his fingers around fizz's face to get his attention. Fizz snapped back into reality.
Drake: Ok, well unfortunately, I have to go back to work, but you just remember what I said alright about the money, and you gotta put it in the bank first, processing, then wait to go and pay for yo classess ya hear?
Fizz nodded
Fizz: Yeaaa, dang why you keep askin me If i understand whatchu be sayin and you think you gotta keep remindin me like i'ma child, geez i understand money.
Drake: Oh do you? Cuz last time I check you have NO job, NOR do you have a college education.
Fizz: Yoooo I'm tryin to get a job at ummm....
Drake: Where? Where are you tryin to get a job at? Is it someplace that I know? Is it legit? Is it local?
Fizz: Mannn, yea it's legit. What kinda question is that?
Drake: Hey, it's a question. I wanna know what kinda plans my cuzin hav in regaurds to looking for a job, You know I can hook you up at da barbershop.
Fizz: (shoots drakes offer down): If I wanted to work there, I would have already applied.
Drake: Well, I'm just tryin to help you out.
Fizz: NO, you're just tryin to tell me what I need to do.
Drake: Nahhh, you make your own decisions, but I want you to tell me right now, what it is that you want to do?
Fizz: (looks up at the sky): Umm, I wanna be a uhh,  I wanna do...(looks down at his shoes)
Drake: okk sooo I see you haven't put too much thought into this. You do know that there are places and people that can help you on your journey for employment right?
Fizz: Huh? Oh for real?
Drake: Yesssss, there are. Matta fact I can help you out right now.
Drake: Take this card.
Fizz takes the card with a puzzlied look. He skims the front and reads the back. Drake turns the card back to the front so that fizz can read the front side first.
Drake: I saw some of these cards displayed in one of my otha shops so as I was reading them they reminded me of you and how you were seeking out a job so that you can be a productive member in society and grow up already.
Fizz was kinda mad when drake said what he had to say juss now. He didn't really want to work. He just wants to just collect money, eat it up, spend it on a bunch of new shoes, clothes and especially on women or at least try to impress them as to say hat he is rollin deep in money.
Fizz: Ok, thanks he said with a non-chalant tone
Drake: Well anywayz you call that number and ask for reggie smith he can get you where you need to be, but you will have to take that initiative and to act on it. So I did my part, twice actually but anyway I gotta holla atchu later, hit me up if you have any questions or need to talk, peace!
Fizz thought over what drake told him because most of it was true and he knew it. No need tellin him twice, but at the same time fizz knew he wuz just lazy and that he would slide back into his old habits again. The question remain, would he decide to change and be a man or, remain a little boy and watch his family basically doin all the work in which he is the oldest and he should be helping out financially. Fizz stuck the card in his hoodie pocket and walked towards his car and drove off.

BACK AT THE HOUSE

After everybody said hey to Fizz (the college dropout), a fly or two had flown in. I hated him for that. Cedric (my dad) was intrerupted by the flys buzzin around him that he was swattin like crazy and he was swattin like he had to move around like he was dancin a jig or suttem. China was chucklin at him by coverin up her laugh with her mouth but finally asked him
China: Uncle Cedric, what are you doin over there? The funky chicken?
Raven had to move to the living room cuz she didn't want to deal with the flies period sayin
Raven: Ooo chile, I ain't got time for this I just got my hair did and If I move my head around too much it's gonna all fall apart and hav me sweatin like a pig you know what i'm sayin?
As she finished her "you know what i'm sayin phrase," she usually looks around the room to see if anybody was laughin but as usual nobody was cuz it was not that funny in the first place. I don't know where she gets that from but that thang she does be buggin me. So fizz finally closes the door but very slowly and two more flies fly up in da house and everybody throws up their arms up like...

Everyone: COME ON, FIZZ!
China: Daaaaaang man, you don't know how to close a door quick-light. It's simple. It's just like (snaps fingers) that.
Fizz was like..
Fizz: Oh my bad
He knew damn well it was his bad. Oh my goodness I swear this boy is sooooo slow. Raven swats the flies that is surrounding her do in an elegant manner and she wrinkled up her nose and scratched it poised-like. Oh roc is knocked out on the couch

with his mouth wide open, lol. China points at roc and laughs out loud. Roc suddenly snores aloud. Dad is tryin to find the fly swatta which is usually kept in the kitchen on the floor for quick access. So we can hitta fly WA-POW! Butchu hav to be strategic and quick-like to hit them and the timing is everything as well. I finally get up from my bed, but I had to stand up to spot a clean space to walk in and to be able to get to the door of my room. As i finally got safely thru the junk on my floor i opened my door and saw my cousins in the living room and dad twirling round like a lost dog tryin to find those ratchet flies. I opened the hall closet and handed my dad the fly swatta like a boss and said in a non-chalant matta

Ray: Here dad, take care of business
Cedric: Oh thank you son, I appreciate you handin me the fly swatta in dis time of crisis cuz you know, I gotta handle business.
I pretend to play along and say
Ray: Don't worry dad your secret is safe with me and he's like
Cedric: What secret? and he slams the fly swatta on the counter.
China: Ewwww. You hit the counta wit da fly swatta?
Cedric: What secret?
And he slams the fly swatta on the counter.
China: Ewwww. You hit the counta wit da fly swatta.
I shrugged
Ray: So?
Raven: So?
Raven overheard us talkin.
Raven: That's just nastay
Ray: Oh word?
I folded my arms and stood against the wall wit one leg kicked back and the other on the floor watchin my dad as I try to hold back my laughs, so i bit my lip to try and keep from laughin but i couldn't hold on much longer. He just steady swingin wit two flies circling him and his eyes are following their every flight movement. They are now above him, then they swing low, then to the left, and then to the right. When they swoop near the counter, dad hits the counter really loud and china jumps becuz of the sound it made caught her off guard. Too bad the tv isn't on to drown out the slaps. Just then a knock is on the door and I shouted
Ray: I GOT IT!
I opened the door
Lisa Raye: Heyyyy baby said auntie lisa.
I hugged her with a smile
Ray: Finally sum distractions
Auntie lisa had brought some bags from the car with her. She patted my head and asked how was I doing i told her I was fine.
Lisa:  Everything alright?
Ray: Yea, it's cool I smiled.
But I just remembered that we were still standing in the door, and we let in two more flies in da house dad was like
Cedric: Awww mannn now we got a whole house of dem as he stumped. He was frustrated. I turned towards dad and had my hand up in the air facing towards him
Ray: Dad, chill u got this
Dad was like
Cedric: I got dis. (he is now pumped) Yeaa I got dis.
He slapped down on the counter cuz he was excited, cuzju kno I b givin my dad pep talks and motivational speeches that sumtimes he gets stressed about things and I remind him that it's gonna be okay. After that slap, dad jerked his hand back in pain and held it towards his chest to soothe it. I looked back at him as I was worried and wondered like
Ray: Dad, you alrite ova there?
Dad played the pain off.
Cedric: Yea, son I'm ok. Thanx for askin. I got eeeeeeevrerythang under control as he had his arm out like he was on top of the world.
Me and china helped aunt lisa with the bags so we can close the door. China asked auntie lisa
China: Where's dad?
Ciara: Oh he dropped me off and went on to work.
China: Oh, said china with a confusing face. So does that mean we are gonna be staying here as she tried and comprehend the situation so that it can be confirmed.
Lisa: Yessss china if that's ok with Ceddy
Cedric said in a playful tone
Cedric: Gurrrl, you know you and your kids are alwayz welcomed here at our home.

I must mention that Auntie lisa and beyonce are sisters by blood

stay tuned for Day 1 pt. 2



No comments:

Post a Comment